Skip to main content

'Lutra Girl

Well hello, three people who read this blog!
I haven't managed to post yet this month; thank goodness I get that extra leap year day...

I was back in the Bahamas from the 9th to the 17th, without any TV, and just spotty Internet (and water and power). Naturally, after a relaxing, tropical vacation, one returns to a shit show- cold weather, traffic jams, fraught relationships, work deadlines... remind me again why I don't decamp to Eleuthera full time?

Oh right, I work for my money.  Well, back at it tomorrow.  Still, I hope to find time to write something interesting or funny (or neither, but I try) over the next few days.  I am literally losing sleep over the US presidential elections, and need to find a way to become less obsessed with my disgust for all the GOP candidates.  Until then, here are some vacation shots, should anyone want to look at sunshine, blue sky and clear water. At least Donald Trump can't ruin that for me!

Setting up shop at Rainbow Beach

Sunset from roof deck.

Pink Sand Beach, Harbour Island.

Secluded beach on Whale Point, Eleuthera.

Next door neighbours' driveway, Eleuthera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Pancakes

Greek yogurt pancakes. As someone who spends as much time as possible on Harbour Island, I feel a kinship with others who love it there and return frequently.  Kinship isn't the right word; that implies some sort of equal status, which I am very well aware I don't share with the Harbour Island people I follow on Instagram: India Hicks ,   Annika Von Holdt , Alessandra Branca , Amanda Brooks , and Marie-Chantal of Greece . Aside from the fact that I am pretty much the only one of these women with any measurable body fat, let's not even get into the gulf between our economic statuses.  (Then again, being the poorest person to regularly holiday on HI, and now to have a house on Eleuthera, is not one of the world's saddest tales, I know). Take Marie-Chantal, or MC, as her friends (and someone who prefers to type only 2 letters) call her. One of three daughters of  duty-free magnate Robert Miller, she married into the deposed Greek royal family in the 90s, and is no

Now or Never Books

As I mentioned in a previous post , and as it's the season, I am in a purging and organizing mood.  No, I'm not following Marie Kondo's advice as closely as I should be, mostly because it's SO HARD with books, and I have more books than anything else.  I've gone over and over my bookshelves, but I just can't seem to part with any more titles.  The vast majority of my books do spark joy, even if it's just the memory of having read it; I know I'm supposed to get rid of them anyway.  Not sure I can. I have started making piles that I am calling "now or never" books.  One of the bits of advice in The  Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up  is essentially: if you haven't read it yet, you're never going to.  I just can't face that.  In the pile pictured above are some books that I know will be amazing, but for some reason I haven't found the time. I have to read these in the next, let's say, 2 months, or they get donated.  It

Girls Who Wear Glasses

Image- Pinterest I had braces for 3 years.  That may give you some idea of how out of whack my teeth were as an adolescent.  My dad used to say I could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.  Even with good insurance, he still referred to my braces as "the trip to Hawaii."  I had them removed just a few weeks into high school.  I was perfect, for about a month. Then, one day in math class, my teacher asked me to do the problem written on the blackboard.  "There's something written on the blackboard?" I said, which was both smart-ass and true.  I couldn't see a damn thing on it.  So, off I went for an eye exam, and, sure enough, I needed glasses.  I was  not  pleased.  Hipsters hadn't yet been spawned by the devil, and the only people who wore glasses were nerds and old people.